Friday, February 4, 2011

Update!

Well! I have pictures and I will post them up here, I promise. Just not this post :)

Scott has been loving his job as a deputy! He gets to shoot guns, drive like a crazy man, and dress up in a great-looking outfit!

This last week he was doing some defensive tactics training and ended up hurting himself. He tore some cartilage and muscle on his right side. Now I get to drive him to and from work while he is no longer in pain due to some pretty serious pain killers. He is healing well, but not as fast as Scott wants.

We have had some fun little experiences at home. I found my very first cockroach and I have been told that bugs will be a major part of my life now. Ugh. I hate bugs!

We also had record breaking temperatures here in Carlsbad! It snowed about six inches and the temperatures went to below freezing here. Not a big deal in Idaho, but here in New Mexico life shuts down. No one was open for business and we went to do some grocery shopping and the pipes were frozen in the store! No one has shovels here and our neighbor refused to drive in the "snow" (even though at that point there was literally a skiff of snow that you could blow on to remove). What a different life here!

We are having a good time in New Mexico, otherwise. Different life, but very fun. We miss Idaho sometimes, but are grateful that our low is only two degrees instead of thirty five below :)

No comments: